DIGITAL MARKETING & SALES ROLE
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: Summer 2021
Application Deadline: June 21 2021
Type: Full Time (4-day work week, 32 hours per week).
Benefits: Equipment at cost, industry discounts, powder days, $500 to a lift pass, three weeks vacation.
Paradise Skis is a small ski and snowboard brand located in Calgary, AB. We’re a startup business looking to recruit new team members who are passionate about skiing and snowboarding. We’re one of the few premium brands in the industry that doesn’t take itself too seriously; we’re working to build a fun company to work for and build equipment that reflects that spirit. We’re striving to be an industry leader of cutting-edge design, customer service and community engagement. At Paradise Skis, we believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage all employees to spend 30+ days on snow.
This is a fast-paced role that requires the ability to think creatively, accept feedback and constantly evolve as part of a highly innovative business model. As a member of a very small team, employees must be multi faceted as the daily job duties will fluctuate seasonally and as the business grows. You will work directly with every team member daily. Your ability to clearly communicate with others and complete tasks on-time is essential. If you’re passionate about skiing/snowboarding, and can confidently say "yes" to the below responsibilities and qualifications required you are encouraged to apply.
- Layout, schedule and send Email Marketing campaigns 2x per week
- Grow and maintain retail relationships
- Collaborate on ad campaigns with retailers
- Monitor and update Email Marketing flows on a regular basis
- Schedule and create SMS Marketing Program
- Stay up to date on industry trends
- Create, monitor, advise and improve Facebook Ad campaigns
- Create, monitor, advise and improve Google Ad campaigns
- Be involved with social media content.
- Grow Youtube, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok with original video content
- Strong video editing skills with comfort creating original content
- Basic photo editing skills to meet company needs
- Post and participate in online skiing communities
- Manage website marketing content to supplement social media and drive sales
- Contribute perspective and ideas for product development
- Create promotions to grow consumer database
- Learn new strategies to improve sales and marketing
- Fearlessly solve problems by searching out solutions individually
- Occasionally provide customer service support
- Assist in planning of events
- BS in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2+ years professional experience
- Experience with Facebook/Google Ad campaigns
- Proficient in Email and SMS Marketing
- Passionate about and engaged in Social Media
- Capable writer, enjoys crafting captions and descriptions
- Ability to organize and edit video
- Knowledge of Winter Sports Industry
- Experience working in e-commerce business
- Comfort working with small, extremely fast-pace team
- Independent, self-starter
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Passionate long time skier or snowboarder
- Own a personal computer you are comfortable using for work
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Calgary, AB
Position will start remotely and may transition to in-office/in-person as the company grows. The role will involve travel to and from the mountains for various events, photo and video shoots, etc. so having a personal vehicle is an asset. To apply, email your resume, any applicable references, and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 21 2021. Creative applications that go above-and-beyond the listed requirements are encouraged.